Cothern Computer Systems provides a complete application conversion solution that fully utilizes the unique capabilities of IBM z/OS, IBM AIX, Linux, IBM i, Windows, and Cloud platform technologies. Our conversion methodology provides a structured approach to the complex conversion process, from the initial situation analysis, the technical assessment, application source code conversion, application testing, and defect correction, to migration and live implementation to the new target environment.
Each conversion is an engineered solution based on client-specific requirements, and the client’s existing environment and standards. CCS works to utilize the native capabilities of the new environment and does not package an array of software products that are not necessary for conversion or proper operation of the converted workload in the new environment.
Cothern Application Conversion advantages
- Application workload is converted to run natively in the target environment, without emulation when possible
- Methodology is focused on risk avoidance, solution simplification, and long-term value, and client satisfaction
- Rapid time-to-cost savings are achieved while managing risk
- Full technical capability to rewrite application programs when program conversion is not economically feasible or technically possible.
- Utilization of existing client products, standards, and conventions when possible
- 100% go-live implementation success rate
- Minimal end-user training required